Internship positions have opened at the Association for Water and Rural Development (AWARD), an NGO based in Hoedspruit, Limpopo Province. These positions will form part of the AWARD team within the USAID RESILIM-Olifants program, the purpose being to reduce vulnerability through building improved transboundary governance and management of the Olifants Catchment so as to enhance the resilience of its people and ecosystems through systemic and social learning approaches. These posts aim to support the restoration and sustainable management of priority ecosystems in the Olifants Catchment.
The following internship opportunities are available:
• Natural Resource Management and Biodiversity Conservation
• Smallholder Farmer Support Initiative (Agri-Si)
• Collaborative Dynamic Modelling (CoDyM) Process
• Climate Change
Minimum requirements: visit www.award.org.za
General competencies & skills required for this posts:
• Commitment to the environment.
• Interest in biodiversity, climate change adaptation and the relationships between factors (e.g. social, economic and biophysical).
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills including report writing, and interpersonal skills.
• Interest in participatory and systemic approaches in a development context.
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
• Ability to adapt and engage with a range of stakeholders.
• Proven computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Outlook).
• Willingness to travel and sometimes work in resource constrained settings.
• Fluency in English
Duration: 1 May 2017 – 30 April 2018.
Location: Hoedspruit, Limpopo Province
Stipend: R 6200 per month plus benefits (medical aid and accommodation).
Application guidelines: Submit a motivation letter and CV, certified ID, certificates including at least three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 31 March 2017
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. If no response has been received within 21 days of the closing date, candidates may consider their applications unsuccessful.
AWARD is committed to fair recruitment and selection practices and shall not discriminate on grounds of race, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, family responsibility, ethnic or social origin, colour, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, conscience, belief, political opinion, culture, language and birth.
AWARD reserves the right to withdraw this advertisement at any time or choose not to fill this position or to employ from within the organization.